Living in Birmingham, AL’s hottest selling new home community, Ross Bridge homeowners are easily able to take advantage of all that Birmingham has to offer. From Birmingham’s rich culture and colorful art scene to the abundance of breweries, farmers markets and family-friendly activities—there is truly never a dull moment in this thriving city. After all, Birmingham was recently named Alabama’s Most Exciting Place! To learn more about our beloved city, check out a few of these fun facts:
1. The Birmingham Metropolitan Area (Cullman and Hoover included), is home to approximately 1.1 million people.
2. Birmingham was the first city in the country to celebrate Veteran’s Day.
4. Our city is home to a vast selection of vibrant local breweries, each with a unique flavor of their own. With our ever-growing list of Birmingham brews, you’re sure to find the perfect pint close to home!
3. Birmingham’s infamous Vulcan statue is the largest cast iron statue in the world—second only to the Statue of Liberty.
5. Birmingham is truly an angler’s paradise, which is why it came as no surprise to locals when Birmingham was voted “America’s Bass Capital” by the readers of BassMaster Magazine.
6. Birmingham’s nickname the “Magic City” refers to a period of great growth in 1870’s and 1880’s, when the city seemed to grow so quickly, it appeared to have happened “like magic” over night.
7. The nation’s most successful regional magazine, Southern Living is published in Birmingham.
8. The Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame calls our city home as well—which should come as no surprise, with the Jazz Industry’s deep roots and celebrated history in Birmingham!
9. With Birmingham’s world-class musical talent, it should come as no surprise that Birmingham is home to three stars from the infamous American Idol TV show: Ruben Studdard,Taylor Hicks and Bo Bice.
10. In addition to the vast selection of local breweries, many are surprised by the number of vineyards and wineries in the greater Birmingham area. We even have a Wine Trail for Birmingham’s wine enthusiasts!